It's been too long since I've written.
I was just looking through a book on pasta and pizza when I realized how important cheese is as an ingredient. It's a big deal. And I mean the kind of cheese. I was looking through all these different pizzas and they all were very specific as to what kind of cheese to use. As they should be. The only time it doesn't matter what kind of cheese you use is if you're using the cheap stuff, which all tastes the same. Good cheese has such unique and varying flavor, you should be careful as to which one(s) you use. People who talk about pizza having "cheese on top" really don't know what they're saying (up to this point I have been guilty myself). Come to think of it, though, most pizza consumed has bland cheese on it anyway, so I guess the ambiguous reference to "cheese" is appropriate.
I guess I just hadn't realized how big of a deal cheese is.
Also, today I went onto King Arthur Flour's website. I was looking for some artisan flour, which they had in abundance (I was pleasantly surprised). But then I started looking at all their resources, looking at their blurbs and whatnot, looking at what other people had written about how they bake and what they do and I realized that I know nothing about bread. Holy cow, I really don't. These people know their stuff–my stuff has yet to be found by me, let alone known. It's exciting and very humbling. They hold classes at their school in Virginia, and as I scrolled past the months of sold-out classes, I found myself wondering if I could somehow find one scheduled during a break. These are only like four-hour classes, but I want to go so badly. I have so much to learn.
No comments:
Post a Comment