Monday, July 5, 2010

I haven't been writing much at all recently, and it's discomforting. I guess I've been so busy that I haven't had time to think. When I don't think, I have nothing to write about. Trying to work, take an on-line class, do dramaturgy for a play, and write a constitution and bylaws for a club, all while doing a million little things at home, reading, and oh yeah, my new sort-of obsession...
I got a book called The Bread Baker's Apprentice, by Peter Reinhart, and it will soon be added to the list of the most influential books of my life. I'm glad I got Dough, by Richard Bertinet, first, and then got this. Dough got me started in bread, it gave me just enough to do it and (to think I) know how it works. BBA actually tells me what all is going on. It's much more technical, more detailed, more professional than Dough, and it's got me addicted (even more). I feel like I could just keep doing this and end up as a baker instead of a chef...
so I've been baking a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment