We just got back from hearing Beethoven's Mass in C Major, and I was simply amazed at the church, the performance, but most of all, the piece itself. I couldn't believe that a man 200 years ago could write such astoundingly beautiful music (I also thought, they knew how to do church back then). And, that's only one of his numerous works of art.
Beethoven certainly changed the world. It's incredible to think of how much impact this man has had. And I got to thinking, how can I have the kind of impact that Beethoven had? What can I contribute to the world that people 200 years from now will still be benefitting from, directly or indirectly? Now, I'm no prodigy or genius, and I had a pretty unremarkable childhood, so how I can create a positive impact is still unclear. I'm still trying to figure out what I can contribute to the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment