"Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop."
"Mind the volcano!"
"I really must get a thinner pencil. I can't manage this one a bit; it writes all manner of things that I don't intend–––"
"You know," he added very gravely, "it's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle––to get one's head cut off."
"If that there King was to wake," added Tweedledum, "you'd go out––bang!––just like a candle!"
"It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards," the Queen remarked.
"With a name like yours, you might be any shape almost."
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master––that's all."
"First you take an upright stick," said the Knight. "Then you make your hair creep up it, like a fruit tree."
"I've had plenty of practice," the Knight said very gravely: "plenty of practice!"
Alice could think of nothing better to say than "Indeed?" but she said it as heartily as she could.
No comments:
Post a Comment